The new A-series credit card terminals from Pax Technology are extremely innovative devices that are able to incorporate a multitude of functionalities due to the Android based operating system. Complete with touchscreens, wifi and data connectivity, chip and tap technology, and even cameras to scan QR codes, they are the perfect option for your point of sale setup.
That said, some of the device sounds, whether it is the keypad beep or the startup music, can be a bit loud out of the box. Here are the steps to adjust or mute the sounds made by the Pax A-series terminals.
- Tap the “Settings” app on the home screen.
- Input the device password (9876).
- Scroll down and select “Sound & Notifications”
- Tap and drag the “Media Volume” slider to the left to turn it down. Slide all the way to the left to mute.
- Scroll down within the “Sound & Notifications” menu and tap the switches beside “3D sound effect”, “Boot music”, and “Key Tone” to toggle them into the muted position
- Tap “Other sounds”
- Tap blue switches beside “Dial pad tones”, “Screen locking sounds”, and “Touch sounds” to toggle them into the muted position.
- Click the red X button on the keypad three times to return to the main menu.
These eight steps will make it so your device is silent. Of course, you may want to keep some sounds active. To do this simply pick and choose which of the steps from number four through seven you would like to follow.
If you would prefer to see the steps in action, one of our team members made a video showing you exactly how it is done!For more information on the Pax A-Series terminals, or any other point of sale hardware, please give us a call (888-773-1222) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!